When I first established Elizabeth Suzann in 2013, I sold my clothing at craft fairs and maker markets, and a signature part of my booth setup was the scent and glow of a warm, earthy candle–my mom hand-poured them for me and I sold them alongside my hand-painted silk and cotton tunics. This specific candle collaboration with the Downtown Women's Center has been over a year in the making, but my love for scent and home has been intertwined with the brand from the very beginning.
The Woods has a warm, cocooning energy. It calls to mind the early sunsets of winter, the quiet creaking of hardwood trees, and the comforting sound of drizzling rain on a metal roof.
- Top: Pink pepper, green foliage, Valencia orange
- Middle: Sandalwood, lavender, turned earth
- Base: Clove, amber, vetiver root, fir balsam
- Hand-poured in Los Angeles by Made by DWC
- Every purchase empowers women transitioning out of homelessness
- Sturdy ceramic vessel can be reused after the candle has been used. Round up the pens on your desk, collect an arrangement of dried flowers, or tuck in that little pot of fresh basil on the kitchen windowsill.
- 10oz of soy wax (vessel is 13.5oz, filled with 10oz of wax)
- ~60 hour burn time
The ritual of lighting a candle is small, but not insignificant. Enveloping scent and flickering light can transform the energy of your environment, much like clothing can transform the energy of your body. I am fascinated with the ways we can invest in and honor ourselves through habitat, which is where the desire to create a candle originated.
Our candles were developed in collaboration with the Downtown Women's Center in Los Angeles. "Made by DWC"offerswomen the opportunity to earn income while gaining job skills and experience. Women are employed within the social enterprise and attend skill-development workshops while receiving additional employment support services. Through this innovative approach,the DWC helps women develop skills and gain the experience needed to find employment to support their transition out of homelessness.
- ClaudiaVerified Buyer3 weeks agoRated 5 starsGreat value
Beautiful jar! It looks great in our modern classic home. It has a light, elegant scent, average throw. Perfect for a bedroom or small living room. Unlike other candles, I love that it's soy.